Note: If you have a spiralizer for your vegetables then use it, otherwise just use a vegetable peeler like me!
Zucchini Carrot "Noodles" with Avocado Edamame Pesto
For the "Noodles":
1 medium zucchini
Dash of salt
For the Pesto:
1/2 ripe avocado (about 2 ounces)
1/4 cup steamed edamame beans
1/4 cup cilantro
Dash of salt
Juice of 1/2 a small lime
2 tablespoons water
1. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the skin off the carrot and zucchini. Peel each vegetable separately, turning as you go, to form ribbon-like noodles.
2. Set you vegetable "noodles" aside and sprinkle with salt. Let sit about 10 minutes.
3. Add all pesto ingredients into a food processor. Blend until combined.
4. Heat a non-stick pan with cooking spray. Saute "noodles" until softened. Top with pesto.
Note: You don't HAVE to heat and soften the noodles. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.
Orange Glazed Scallops
5-6 large sea scallops
2 tablespoons Bragg's liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon honey
1/8 teaspoon chile garlic sauce (optional)
1. Rinse scallops and pat dry. Combine the Bragg's (or soy sauce), orange juice, ginger, rice vinegar, honey, and chile garlic sauce in a shallow bowl.
2. Add the scallops to the sauce. Marinate about 4-5 minutes each side.
3. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Coat with cooking spray.
4. Add scallops to the pan, reserving marinade. Cook scallops about 2-3 minutes each side until they are cooked through and start to brown nicely on the outside. Remove from pan.
5. Add remaining marinade to the pan and lower the heat. Allow marinade to reduce slightly and start to thicken (about 2-3 minutes). Pour the sauce over the scallops and serve!