Saturday, November 23, 2013

Healthy Barbecue Chicken Pizza on a Cauliflower Crust

A cauliflower pizza crust that isn't soggy and holds it's toppings?! Yes, it's here.  Paired with a healthy homemade BBQ sauce that I came up with because I was all out and didn't feel like going to the store. I will definitely be making this sauce again and again! Please try this crust before you give up on cauliflower pizza- I promise it's delicious! I've modified this recipe slightly from Kim's recipe.You can probably substitute the popcorn seasoning with grated cheese, but I loved how this came out.




Cauliflower Pizza Crust:

Ingredients:
 
1 cup riced cauliflower (I used a food 
Processor)
2 egg whites 
1 1/2 tablespoons almond flour 
1 tablespoon white cheddar popcorn seasoning (Urban Accents)
1/2 teaspoon basil 
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Squeeze excess moisture out of your cauliflower. I used paper towels (just give it a good few squeezes).
3. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined.
4. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray. Add pizza "dough" and form into a circle shape. I just place in in the middle and flatten the dough to about 1/4" and shape the edges with a spoon or spatula.
5. Bake for about 25 minutes. Top with your favorite toppings and bake another 8-10 minutes.


Nutrition Information: 58 calories, 0.2 g Fat, 5.6 g CHO, 8.5 g Protein

For BBQ Chicken Pizza:

Spoon my Healthy BBQ Sauce (recipe below) over your pizza crust. Top with a small handful of spinach, 3 ounces cooked chicken, and 1 ounce Almond Cheddar or cheese or your choice. Cook for 8-10 minutes at 375 F on a pre-cooked cauliflower crust (you can also make this on a whole wheat Flat-Out wrap or pita).

Healthy BBQ Sauce

2 tablespoons reduced sugar ketchup
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Bragg's Liquid Aminos
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
1 packet stevia (I used Truvia)

1. Mix together ingredients in a bowl. Store in the fridge.

Nutrition Information: 12 calories, 0 g Fat, 5.5 g CHO, 0.4 g Protein








No comments:

Post a Comment