Wasabi Salmon Sandwich with Ginger Garlic Mayonnaise
For the Fish:
1 (6 oz) salmon fillet
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons Bragg's Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
1 tablespoon minced shallots
1/2 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon wasabi paste
1 packet stevia
Ginger Garlic Mayonnaise:
2 teaspoons low-fat mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Greek yogurt
1/4 teaspoon wasabi paste
1/4 teaspoon rice vinegar
pinch of ground ginger
pinch of garlic powder
Small handful spinach
Whole wheat ciabatta roll
1. Combine the rice vinegar through the stevia. Place 3/4 of the mixture in a plastic bag. Set the rest aside (in fridge). Place the salmon in the plastic bag and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Combine the ginger garlic mayonnaise ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Preheat broiler. Coat a baking pan with foil and coat with cooking spray. Cook salmon for about 10 minutes, or until it easily flakes with a fork.
4. Mix together the leftover 1/4 of the marinade mixture with the handful of spinach.
5. Scoop out the inside of the ciabatta roll (to fit all the good stuff inside!). Spread the ginger garlic mayonnaise on both sides of the roll. Add spinach and salmon and eat like a sandwich!
I've always eaten this with cucumber salad. Just goes together so well:
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
1. Combine the cucumber and red onion with a few splashes (3 T?) of rice vinegar. Add a dash of ginger and a dash of garlic powder. Marinate for at least 30 minutes. Serve cold.