Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Vanilla Raspberry Protein Muffins

These are magical. For real. These came out dense and cake-like, and were the perfect topping for my protein fro-yo tonight :). Also great as a snack with some nut butter!





Crumbled on top of my protein fro-yo! Protein fro-yo recipe here


Vanilla Raspberry Protein Muffins

Ingredients:

2 scoops Vanilla Sunwarrior Protein Powder (can probably substitute vanilla whey, but you'll need to use less milk)
1/3 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup fat-free, plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup egg whites
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
20-25 vanilla liquid stevia drops (or original)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
1/2 cup raspberries

Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 350.
2. Grind oatmeal into oat flour (I use my Ninja Food Processor). Put aside in a small bowl. Add the protein powder, coconut flour, and baking powder to the bowl and stir until combined.
3. Blend together the Greek yogurt, egg whites, milk, stevia, and vanilla extract (I used my Ninja for this too).
4. Gradually pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until combined.  Fold in the raspberries.
5. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray. Add batter (a little more than 1/4 cup for each muffin).
6. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until your knife comes out clean.

Makes 6 muffins

Macros per muffin: 1.9 g Fat, 9.7 CHO, 4.2 g Fiber, 9.4 g Protein

Since many people ask, I linked some of my ingredients to the website where I buy them (iherb.com). Use the link or use the discount code ZSG766 to get money off your first order!

No comments:

Post a Comment