Here's another recipe that is perfect for making ahead, and grabbing on-the-go for busy mornings. I made them for my mom a few weeks ago and now all her friends have been asking for the recipe! They are so easy. This is my basic recipe, but feel free to try different kinds of vegetables, spices, and cheese. You can also add roasted or steamed potatoes, turkey bacon, turkey or chicken sausage, smoked salmon, ground turkey, etc. Perfect for using up leftovers!
Egg White Muffins
1/2 cup egg whites
1 Light Laughing Cow wedge
1/2 cup steamed broccoli, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat your oven to 350 F. Coat a muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together the egg, egg whites, and salt and pepper.
3. Divide the chopped broccoli amongst three muffin tin slots. Pour the egg white mixture over the the chopped broccoli.
4. Break up your Laughing Cow wedge and drop in the center of each of your three muffins.
5. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
Makes 3 muffins