Note: When I went to the store to buy my ingredients, I forgot the diced tomatoes. So, I used Progresso's Recipe Starters Cooking Sauce in Fire Roasted Tomato because it was what I had on hand. Worked amazingly well! You can probably substitute with a 14.5 ounce of diced tomatoes and 1/2 cup tomato sauce, but I can't promise it will be the same!
Pumpkin Turkey Chili
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 package lean ground turkey (I used 93/7)
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
1 can (18 ounce) Progresso Recipe Starters cooking sauce in Fire Roasted Tomato
1 can (15 ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup water
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Spray a large pot with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and onion to pan. Cook until soft (about 2-3 minutes). Add ground turkey. Break apart the turkey with your spatula or wooden spoon. Cook until pink begins to disappear and meat begins to brown.
4. Add pumpkin, tomato sauce, black beans, water, chili powder, and garlic powder to the pot. Bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 25-30 minutes.
6. Enjoy topped with greek yogurt and cheese if you like!
Serves 8 (about 1 1/3 cup per serving)
Nutrition Info: 272 calories, 8.4 g Fat, 25 g CHO (7 g Fiber), 24 g Protein