I really didn't think these were going to come out that great, so I didn't take the best pictures. After the first bite I pretty much devoured them. So, I have no other choice but to use the not-so-great pictures for this post. These came out both fluffy (thanks coconut flour!) and dense (thanks psyllium husk!).
Vanilla Pancakes with Chocolate Cake Batter Filling
Ingredients for Pancakes:
2 tablespoons oats
1 tablespoon coconut flour
1 tablespoon vanilla whey protein
1/4 t baking powder
1 ounce banana
2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any milk)
1/4 cup egg whites
2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
Ingredients for Filling:
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon chocolate cake batter casein (I used Optimum Nutrition, but any chocolate casein or flavor you like is fine!)
Stevia to taste
1. Blend oats into flour using a food processor or blender. Place in a separate bowl. Add coconut flour, vanilla whey protein powder, and baking powder. Mix to combine.
2. Place banana, milk, egg whites, and yogurt in food processor or blender (or hand mix well). Add dry ingredients and blend until combined.
3. Heat a non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat. Once skillet is hot, add 1/3 of the batter for each pancake. Cover skillet and reduce to medium heat.
4. Once the edges set, flip your pancakes. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
5. To prepare filling, mix together the casein, yogurt, and stevia. Layer between pancakes. Devour : )
Nutrition Information: 231 calories, 2.8 g Fat, 24 g CHO, 7.6 g Fiber, 26.7 g Protein
Note: Nutrition info may vary slightly depending on the type of protein powder used.