Friday, June 21, 2013

Cinnamon Oatcakes and Cheesy Eggs

I woke up at 5:00 a.m. for absolutely no reason this morning. Just sat there wide awake for about 30 minutes. At that point, I decided I just wasn't going to fall back to sleep and suddenly got really excited to start my day. There was so much I could get done before work- workout, study for the RD exam, go to Whole Foods, work on my field work essay . . . maybe I'd even have some time to lay by my pool ; ). I got dressed and did P90X Back and Biceps followed by some planks, weighted exercise ball crunches, and leg lifts. Done by 7:20 a.m.

I couldn't decide whether I wanted eggs or pancakes for breakfast, sooo I had both! Since I was getting protein from my eggs, I decided to go protein powder free for the pancakes (WHAT?!). Yea.  Hearty, plump, cute, mini oatcakes. They were perfectly delicious.



Cinnamon Oatcakes

Ingredients:

2 tablespoon oats
1 tablespoon coconut flour
1 teaspoon psyllium husk
2 tablespoons egg whites
3 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Drop of butter extract (optional)
Stevia to taste
Cinnamon to taste

Directions:

1. Add your oats to a food processor (I used my Ninja) and grind into oat flour. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until mixed well. Batter will be thick!
3. Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray. 
4. Add the batter by the spoonful and press down slightly with the back of your spoon to flatten a little. 
5. Cook until the edges set then flip!

Nutrition Facts: 88 Calories, 2.4 g Fat, 15.1 g CHO, 7.2 g Fiber, 6.4 g Protein

No comments:

Post a Comment