Thursday, July 18, 2013

Almond Joy Protein Pancakes

When I was little, my sisters and I would trade candy on Halloween. I always traded in my Almond Joy candy bars- I was more of a Butterfingers or Reese's girl (love my peanut butter!!). I never liked the taste of coconut flakes, and the bar always seemed sticky and chewy. However, I now LOVE coconut flakes once I started using them in my pancakes, overnight oats, bars, muffins, etc. And these pancakes? I'd choose them over an Almond Joy bar any day, or any candy bar for that matter ;) So freaking fluffy and delicious. Make these!!


Almond Joy Protein Pancakes

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons almond flour
1 tablespoon coconut flour
2 tablespoons Rocky Road whey protein (or chocolate)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon reduced-fat, unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 banana
3 tablespoons egg whites
1 tablespoon almond milk
8 drops liquid stevia (or powdered stevia to taste)

Filling:

2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
1/2 tablespoon Walden Farms Sugar-free Chocolate Syrup (optional)
Stevia to taste

Directions:

1. Blend all ingredients together in a food processor/blender. Batter will be thick.
2. Heat a non-stick pan coated with cooking spray over medium high heat. Add your batter. At this point, I like to place a cover on and reduce the heat to medium. Cook the pancakes until they start to set and form bubbles. Flip and cook the other side for about 2-3 more minutes.
3. Make your filling. Layer the filling between your pancakes.
4. Devour

No comments:

Post a Comment