Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Orange Creamsicle Protein Muffins

This recipe has been one of my go-to's for the past few weeks. I love breaking them up and adding them to my protein fro-yo! They are also delicious toasted up with some peanut butter, or served with some egg whites for breakfast. I love to make a batch in the beginning of the week for a quick, grab-and-go snack. Plus, the macros are pretty awesome. I originally made these muffins for my brother. He had just bought MusclePharm Combat Powder in Orange Creamsicle and wanted me to come up with protein-packed treat. Little did I know I'd be making them again and again! I've switched up the flavor of the muffins by using different protein powders, but I still like using MusclePharm the best.


Orange Creamsicle Protein Muffin

Ingredients:

1 cup Wheat Bran (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1 1/2 scoops MusclePharm Orange Creamsicle
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup egg whites
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 teaspoon orange extract

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
2. Blend all ingredients in a blender.
3. Divide batter evenly among the muffin tin (my muffin tin makes 6 muffins)
4. Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
5. Remove from the muffin tin. Place on a cooling rack. Allow to cool.

I store these in my fridge for up to a week. You can also freeze them.

Nutrition Info (1 muffin): 85 Calories, 1.6 g Fat, 9.7 g CHO, 5 g Fiber, 12 g Protein



No comments:

Post a Comment