Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Coconut-Berry Overnight TVP "Oats"

So, this might be one of my top 10 most favorite creations EVER. I came up with it because there were so many Instagram posts of overnight oatmeal that basically made me want to eat my phone... I wanted to come up with something that I hadn't seen anyone else do- just because I just like being different ;). So, threw this together and I've been obsessed ever since. MUST TRY. Please excuse the picture- its not the greatest. I always eat it way to quickly before I realize I should take a picture! This recipe is very versatile. I've even eaten it only after an hour of letting it sit in the fridge. It's a little crunchier and reminds me of a cereal that I would eat as a kid. Fruity Pebbles anyone? Just SO good.


Coconut-Berry Overnight TVP "Oats"

Ingredients:

1/4 cup TVP
1/4 cup riced cauliflower (instructions on how to do this on a previous post)
1 T reduced-fat, unsweetened coconut flakes (I use "Let's Do Organic" from Whole Foods)
1/2 tablespoon ground flaxseed
1 packet Truvia
3/4 cup Almond Milk (OR 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt + 1/2 cup water)
Cinnamon
Berries/Sliced Banana/Strawberry (whatever!)

Directions:

1. Mix all ingredients together and let it sit in the fridge overnight. I like to eat mine cold. I've been topping it with 1/2 tablespoon organic peanut butter and Walden's Sugar-free Chocolate Syrup :)

Side Note: Included this today in my new "Operation Lean Bulk" plan. Working on increasing the amount of healthy fats and complex carbohydrates in my diet in order to make some gains at the gym!



Top left are my Oreo Protein Pancakes- perfecting the recipe but I think I'll have it ready for posting by tomorrow! Top right is my Pecan-Crusted Flounder over Sweet Potato "Risotto" (made with cauliflower rice) with mushrooms and peppers. Bottom right is a salad I threw together with roasted brussel sprouts and bell peppers, a vegetarian sausage link, tomatoes, cucumbers, edamame, fat-free feta, avocado, and sweet potato "croutons". The croutons were born from a sweet potato waffle accident. The waffles came out too soft so I threw it under the broiler to crisp them up. Cut them into smaller square pieces and BOOM- sweet potato croutons!

Don't forget to follow me on IG @adena86 for more recipe ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment