Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Oreo-Fudge Brownie Sundae Protein Pancakes

            I posted a picture of these pancakes on Instagram immediately after I DEVOURED them and wrote a blurb underneath to which my mom mom responded, "You are such a nerd." Fit freak, nutrition geek and blurb nerd. Yes, that sounds like me. Anyway, because of my mom's humorous response, and the fact that my blurb explains how I came up with the name of these pancakes, I am rewriting what I wrote on my Instagram post minus the cute Emoji faces :) :

             "I just died and went to pancake heaven!! These were freaking FABULOUS . . . the plan was to test my final recipe for my Oreo Protein Pancakes I posted a while back and these went ABOVE AND BEYOND my expectations!! The only problem is, I'm torn between calling them Fudge Brownie, Oreo, or Brownie Sundae Protein Pancakes!? Even though they look all cute and Oreo-like, they were fudge-y and delicious and reminded me of a brownie! What do you think? Can't post the recipe without a name!"
- @adena86

    I found it interesting that almost all the responses I got combined all of the names together. I went with my sister's suggestion. So, now that I have a name for the pancakes, I can post the recipe :). MUST TRY!



Oreo-Fudge Brownie Sundae Protein Pancakes

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons chocolate protein powder
1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon psyllium
1/2 tablespoon sugar-free chocolate pudding mix
1 1/2 packets Truvia (or to taste)
2 tablespoons oatmeal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon almond milk
3 tablespoons egg beaters

Filling:

Greek yogurt + Truvia/stevia to taste

Directions:

1. Blend ingredients (I used my Ninja).
2. Cook pancakes over medium-high heat on a pan coated with cooking spray. Cook until you start to see bubbles (about 2-3 minutes) then flip. Cook for about 1 minute on the other side.
3. Layer each pancake with yogurt filling.
4. DEVOUR



No comments:

Post a Comment