This absolutely delicious breakfast was inspired by an IG post by @pbeechie. I made it three days in a row because I seriously could not get enough- its basically dessert for breakfast! Nothing short of being totally healthy and clean!
Banana Split Sweet Omelet
2/3 cup egg whites
1/4 cup cottage cheese
1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder (or any flavor you like)
3 medium strawberries
1 tablespoon PB2 (add water until it reaches "sauce-like" consistency; can also use regular peanut butter)
Drizzle of Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup (optional)
Slices of Banana
Stevia and Cinnamon to taste
1. Whisk the egg whites together with cinnamon and stevia. Add mixture to a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Once the eggs are set, flip over to cook the other side (or just cover until the top side is cooked).
2. While egg whites are cooking, nuke the strawberries in the microwave for about 30 seconds until they are warm and soft. Mix together the strawberries, cottage cheese, and protein powder.
3. Add cottage cheese mixture to the center of the egg omelete. and flip one side over (just like you would a regular omelet).
4. Transfer omelet to a plate. Top with chocolate sauce, PB2 sauce, and slices of bananas.
5. Devour your healthy banana split!!
Macros with my fillings/toppings: 244 calories, 2.2 g Fat, 15 g CHO, 38.2 g Protein!!!
*Note: Macros will vary depending on the brands you use. My protein powder is 100 calories per scoop. I used about 1/3 of a banana, and my cottage cheese is Breakstone's Reduced Sodium.