Saturday, April 6, 2013

Carrot Cake Protein Pancakes

I had no intentions on making these this morning, but I had some shredded carrots to use up . . . and this delicious stack of amazing-ness was born! I'm cutting right to the recipe because I have tons of work to do before work tonight . . .Why the banana slices? Just because :)



Carrot Cake Protein Pancakes

Ingredients:

3/4 scoop vanilla whey protein
1/2 tablespoon coconut flour
1 teaspoon sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
1 packet Truvia
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon pecans (or walnuts, but I only had pecans)
3 tablespoons shredded carrots
2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
2 tablespoons liquid egg whites
Lots of cinnamon! (or to taste)

Directions:

1. Blend all ingredients together (might be better to mix wet and dry ingredients separately, then gradually add the wet to the dry, but I was really hungry this morning ;) ). I used my Ninja.
2. Cook your pancakes! Make sure your skillet is HOT!

Nutrition Info: 184 calories, 6.7 g Fat, 11 g CHO, 21.4 g Protein

*Nutrition Info may vary depending on the type of protein powder, Greek yogurt, and almond milk you use. I used Fage 0% Greek yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment