Thursday, February 21, 2013

Apricot Chili Glazed Tofu

Tofu is SO versatile and takes on the flavor of anything it's prepared with. The only tricky part about tofu is getting the right texture, which is why you need to take the time to get the moisture out (slice it into slabs and place on a plate with paper towels or dish towel, then top with another heavy plate or pan). Check out my tofu tutorial post :)

This dish was quick, easy, and full of flavor:



 All I did was stir-fry the tofu and blended together the following: sugar-free apricot preserves, Bragg's Liquid Aminos (or low-sodium soy sauce), a little chili garlic sauce, and sake. I didn't measure anything, but if I had to guess: 3 tablespoons of preserves, 1 1/2 tablespoons Bragg's Liquid Aminos, 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce, and about a tablespoon of sake. This was the perfect amount for half a block of tofu. Cut your tofu into cubes and stir-fry in a non-stick pan coated with cooking spray. BE PATIENT. I probably didn't touch mine for a good 10 minutes before I flipped it. I like it to get nice and golden brown:


  When tofu has been flipped and turns golden brown on the other side, pour the sauce over the tofu, lower the heat, and let it cook and reduce for a minute or two. I served this dish with roasted brussel sprouts and baby bell peppers that came out PERFECT. To make this side dish, preheat your oven to 425 on the convection setting (just heat to 450 if you don't have convection). Quarter the brussel sprouts and slice the bell peppers. I sprayed my veggies with my olive oil mister and sprinkled on some sea salt and pepper. Then, I placed them on a baking pan coated with cooking spray, and covered with foil. I cooked them for about 30 minutes.

 My apologies for not being very official with this post/recipe- but it was too good not to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment