Thursday, February 20, 2014

Cinnamon Apple Protein Loaf

I love making my own protein bars and snacks. This is a quick, easy, deliciously moist protein loaf. I love crumbling this on top of my protein fro-yo. If you don't have Cinnamon Graham Cracker protein powder, you can just use vanilla protein powder. I buy my Almond Flour online from Vitacost. It's cheaper and it's delivered right to my door. Use this link for a discount off your first order!


Cinnamon Apple Protein Loaf

Ingredients:

1/2 cup Cinnamon Graham Cracker whey protein
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 egg whites
1/3 cup Greek yogurt

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Place oatmeal in a food processor and blend until it becomes a flour.
3. Add all ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth. Do not over mix!
4. Place in a bread loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Add batter to the loaf pan.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until knife comes out clean.

I cut mine into 6 slices. You cut bigger pieces if you like!

Nutrition Information (if cut into 6): 3 g Fat, 9 g CHO (1.6 g Fiber), 9 g Protein 

No comments:

Post a Comment