After years of passing a local farm, I only recently learned that they raise and sell organic chicken. They've been selling their products to some of the best local restaurants and restaurants in the Hamptons. It's so nice to meet the people behind the product and learn how passionate they are about what they do. I rarely eat chicken, but when I do, this is where I'm going. I've never tasted chicken as delicious as this before.
Now, this wrap.
Epic. That is all. You MUST try it. Of course, this chicken would be the perfect addition to any meal, not just the wrap. So here's two recipes in one. Enjoy!
Five Spiced Maple Glazed Chicken Wrap with Sweet Potato and Maple Cream
For the Chicken:
2 teaspoons Five Spice Powder
2 tablespoons sugar-free maple syrup
2 tablespoons water
For the Maple Cream:
3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
1/2 tablespoon sugar free syrup
For the Wrap:
1 whole wheat wrap of choice (I used Joseph's brand)
1 Five Spice Maple Glazed Chicken breast, sliced
1/2 medium baked sweet potato, sliced 1/2" thick
1. Wash chicken and pat dry. If the cutlets are thick, slice in half lengthwise or pound thin (about 1/2 inch).
2. Rub the five spice powder on both sides of the chicken.
3. Combine the sugar free syrup and the water in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray. Add the chicken and cook 3-4 minutes. Flip chicken and cook on the other side about 3 more minutes or until almost cooked through. Lower heat and add syrup mixture. Allow to simmer and reduce, about 5 minutes.
4. Remove from pan. Slice and set aside (save one piece for another meal).
5. Mix together the ingredients for the maple cream.
6. Assemble your wrap using one chicken breast, half of the sweet potato slices, and as much cilantro as you like. Top with maple cream and roll up. Party in your mouth.