Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Peanut Butter Cinnamon Cream Pancakes

I decided to make some hearty oatmeal pancakes this morning and these came out SO YUM. I'm dedicating them to those of you who still have not bought coconut flour (you can find it in the natural food section of your grocery store or buy it online-I order from Iherb.com. Use ZSG766 discount code to get money off your first order!) and still want to make yummy protein pancakes :).

Most protein pancakes recipes that are made with oats call for a larger serving size than I used. Use more if you like, I choose what fit my macros best.

These were perfectly peanut-buttery and delicious! Feel free to use any protein powder flavors you like to switch it up!





Peanut Butter Cinnamon Cream Protein Pancakes

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons Cellucor Peanut Butter Marshmallow (or any flavor you like)
3 tablespoons cottage cheese
3 tablespoons quick oats
3 tablespoons egg whites
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
Truvia and cinnamon to taste

1. Blend together all ingredients. Batter should be thick.
2. Cook your pancakes.

For the filling, I just mixed together cinnamon + Truvia + Greek yogurt + PB2, thinned out with a little water to dissolve the PB2. Layer it between your pancakes and eat!!

Nutrition Facts for the Pancakes (filling not included): 221 calories, 3 g Fat, 14.6 g CHO, 1.5 g Fiber, 33 g Pro!

On a side note, I am now officially a Sriracha addict!!! Packs HUGE flavor. I used some today in my new favorite egg white salad:


How do you make it? Couldn't be easier. Take the whites of a few hard-boiled eggs and throw them in a food processor/Magic Bullet/Ninja with some Sriracha and Light Silken Tofu (replaces the mayo- you won't miss it!). Wrapped my egg white salad up in a cute little nori wrap :).

I continued my obsession at dinner tonight:


This is Barramundi seasoned with Mrs. Dash Southwestern Blend, onion powder, and lemon juice. Baked it at 350 (about 4 minutes each side) then finished it off under the broiler for about a minute. Topped it with Greek yogurt, avocado and Sriracha!!! Party in my mouth :) Served with roasted paprika butternut squash with toasted pumpkin seeds, and roasted asparagus. My meals will never be the same again!!


No comments:

Post a Comment