Thursday, November 22, 2012

My Unconventional Thanksgiving Lunchbox and Protein Cookies!

Yes, I had to work on Thanksgiving. Life as a waitress . . . until May. I really didn't mind missing out on Turkey Day especially when I have a fun packed lunchbox. Today I packed zucchini noodles with avocado sauce and veggie "chicken" strips AND a chocolate peanut butter protein cookie. I had decided that today was the day I would experiment with protein cookies. So, I did my research and used a popular recipe consisting of oatmeal, protein powder, and almond butter. I didn't have almond butter so I used PB2 instead. They looked SO pretty when they were done but they were SUPER dry.


So obviously, after I got home from work I experimented until I made the perfect protein cookie. And here it is: !!!

Cinnamon Swirl Protein  Cookie with Fitness Frosting

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons Coconut Flour
1 tablespoon Egg White Protein Powder
1 tablespoon Egg Beaters
2 tablespoons mashed banana (I mashed mine with a little unsweetened almond milk)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cinnamon to taste 
Truvia to taste
4 drops Capella Cinnamon Swirl Danish (optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together to form your cookie dough. Spray a cookie sheet with spray and form your cookie on the sheet. Bake for about 8-10 minutes.

I topped mine with some "Fitness Frosting" (which I've been putting on everything lately- great on pancakes and waffles!) made with about 2 tablespoons Greek Yogurt, couple drops of Capella Cake Batter Flav drops, and about 3/4 tablespoon vanilla protein powder. YUM!








No comments:

Post a Comment