Monday, October 1, 2012

Pumpkin-Based Protein Pizza!

This week I decided to take on the Cauliflower Pizza Experiment (again). I made one before and while it tasted great, it didn't have the texture I was hoping for. The cheese/cauliflower/egg white combination was a little too soft and flimsy. I got inspired to try again by one of favorite bloggers- Anna Sward at . I discovered her blog after I made my first attempt at a protein pancake. I had this idea that since protein powder reminded me of flour, why not use it as a substitute? Well, apparently Anna beat me to it. And I have been following her and experimenting on my own ever since- Thanks Anna!

So back to the pizza. My recipe differs slightly from Anna's. I didn't have as much cauliflower as she did and I wanted to adjust it to my calorie range preference. I did it, however, I have yet to find my sloppily written post-it that I wrote everything down on :(. I want to be precise so I will make it again to get the recipe down pat and post it ASAP.

I also have to share my other pizza experiment inspired by Anna- The Pumpkin Protein Pizza :)!

Just the crust:


With my toppings!!



Ingredients:
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup egg whites
2 T oat flour (I ground up oats with my Magic Bullet)
2 t Parmesan cheese
1 T Pea Protein Powder
1/2 t Salt
1 t Basil
1 t Oregano

Preheat oven to 325. Blend all ingredients together. Form dough into a 7" round and bake about 25-30 min. Be sure you spray your baking pan so it doesn't stick! Top with your favorite toppings. Place back in the oven until cheese melts (if using). Eat!