Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Black Bean Protein Brownie

I was in the mood to try something new, so I modified a recipe posted on proteinpow.com and made a delish new protein snack! The black bean part? Don't let it scare you! It created a dense, fudge-y texture.

This recipe needs only five ingredients and it's super easy to make! I made a batch and froze half (it freezes well!). I just nuke it in the micro for 20 seconds and its just as delicious as when I first baked it!

                                           


Black Bean Protein Brownies

Ingredients:

1 can low-sodium black beans (I used a can that had 3 servings at 100 calories each)
1/2 cup chocolate protein powder
3 tablespoons coconut flour
3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut/almond milk
Truvia to taste (optional)

Directions:

Just blend all of the ingredients together, place in a sprayed bread tin, and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes (knife should come out clean). Let cool on a cooling rack then cut into 6 bars.

Per one bar: 104 calories, 2.0 g Fat, 12 g CHO, 6 g Fiber, 11 g Protein


I brought one bar with me to my internship yesterday along with two tofu mini-meals I made. I buy the Light Firm Tofu, so one whole block is only 210 calories. Therefore, I eat the whole thing. I decided to make two totally different mini-meals instead of making a larger batch of the same recipe (just to keep it exciting). So, I came up with my Italian Baked Tofu:


AND my Tofu and Green Bean Stir-fry with Sichuan Sauce:





No comments:

Post a Comment