It's summer. It's hot outside. I was feeling . . . "tropical". If you haven't tried any of my cauliflower pancake recipes- seriously make them. They are SO moist, and make for thick, cake-like pancakes.
Tropical Cauliflower Pancakes with Banana Protein Syrup
1/3 cup riced cauliflower (I pulsed some cauliflower florets in my Ninja)
3 tablespoons egg whites
2 ounces fresh pineapple
10 drops stevia (or to taste)
1/4 teaspoon orange extract (coconut would be good here too!)
2 tablespoons vanilla whey protein
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1/2 tablespoon psyllium husk
1 tablespoon reduced-fat coconut flakes
1. Cook the cauliflower in the microwave for 30 seconds.
2. Using a food processor/blender, blend together the egg whites, pineapple, orange extract, stevia, and the pineapple.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut flour, protein powder, psyllium husk, and the coconut flakes.
4. Mix together the dry ingredients, wet ingredients, and the cauliflower.
5. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the pancake batter by the spoonful. BE PATIENT. These are thick and take longer to cook.
6. Once the edges are set (about 5-7 minutes), flip and cook on the the other side until golden brown.
For the Syrup:
Mix together 1 tablespoon banana whey protein with some water and sugar-free maple syrup. You want it to be a sauce-like consistency.
Top with more coconut flakes, nut butter, fruit- whatever you like!
Macros for the pancakes: 4 g Fat, 25 g CHO (12 g Fiber), 17 g Protein