Monday, September 9, 2013

Sweet Cinnamon Chicken Stir-fry

   This recipe has been a go-to for me all week- I can't get enough! This power-packed meal is so easy to make and it tastes delicious! I've used acorn and kabocha squash in place of the sweet potato too, so use whatever you have on hand. If you're in a rush and don't have any sweet potatoes already prepared, you can cook it quickly in the microwave. My microwave actually has a setting for "baked potato" so that's what I use, but they usually cook between 5-7 minutes. Just make sure you let it rest for a minute or two (it continues to cook when it's out of the microwave). My broccoli is usually from a steamer bag and I cook that in the microwave as well.
    I used Beyond Meat Chicken (read about it here), but cooked chicken is great as well. I top my stir-fry with some almond butter to add some healthy fat to my meal. Definitely recommend it, but do what works for you!

Sweet Cinnamon Chicken Stir-fry

Ingredients:

4 oz cooked chicken (or Beyond Meat Chicken Strips), diced
1 cup cooked broccoli, chopped
4-5 ounces cooked sweet potato (one medium size), diced OR 1 1/2 cups cooked winter squash
Cinnamon to taste (I like a lot!)
Few splashes of sugar-free maple syrup, or regular syrup (I usually do 4-5 quick splashes)

Directions:

1. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Heat the chicken, sweet potato, and broccoli. I like to mash my sweet potato with my spatula.
2. Add cinnamon and sugar-free syrup. Allow to cook for another few minutes, stirring to combine.
3. Transfer to a bowl and top with almond butter, if desired (SO YUM).


No comments:

Post a Comment