Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Paleo Coconut Biscuits

After hearing how much @leahpetersfitness loved her loaf of Paleo Coconut Bread, I went to my local Gluten-free shop to pick up a loaf to try. The sales person told me he had just sold the last loaf, and that he would be getting a new delivery the next day. I had to go to Whole Foods anyway, so I figured I would buy it there. Unfortunately, my Whole Foods didn't carry it. So, I decided to make my own Paleo Coconut Bread. I wasn't sure how it would come out, so I didn't want to waste ingredients on an entire loaf of bread in case it didn't come out right. So, I made "biscuits" instead, and cooked them in a muffin tin. These little guys came out FANTASTIC. They are very similar to the macro breakdown of the Paleo Coconut Bread (1 g Fat, 6 g CHO (5 g Fiber), 5 g Protein). They are both gluten and dairy free. Oh, and about 10 times cheaper to make than buying them at the store : ) . Next time, I'm increasing the amount of ingredients and making a loaf of bread!


Paleo Coconut Biscuits

Ingredients:

1/4 cup coconut flour
2 tablespoon ground flaxseed
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon guar gum
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup egg whites
1/2 cup water

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray.
2. Mix together the coconut flour, flaxseed, baking powder, guar gum, and sea salt. You don't want any clumps of flour!
3. In a separate bowel, whisk the egg whites until frothy. Add the water, whisk again. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until well combined.
4. Divide batter evenly in the muffin tin. Bake for about 13 minutes, or until knife comes out clean.

Makes 6 muffins (Make larger ones if you like, just note that the macros will change)

Macros: 1.4 g Fat, 4.6 g CHO (3.6 Fiber), 4.1 protein

No comments:

Post a Comment