These came out super moist! Adding ground flaxseed to baked goods and pancakes gives them a great texture and a host of health benefits. Ground flaxseeds are rich in omega-3's, fiber, and is one of the best sources of lignans. Omega-3 fatty acids are essential, meaning that our body cannot make them. Just one tablespoon of ground flaxseed provides 1.8 grams of omega-3's- which is greater than the AI for both men and women (1.6 and 1.1 grams, respectively). Fiber helps us feel full and helps to regulate digestion, while lignans have antioxidant qualities. Try these pancakes not only because they are delicious, but they also do your body right!
Pumpkin Flax Pancakes with PB2 Cream
2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
1 tablespoon coconut flour
Stevia to taste
1/4 cup egg whites
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
For the Cream:
1 teaspoon sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
1/2 tablespoon PB2
1. Blend all ingredients together (I used my Ninja).
2. Cook pancakes over medium heat on a non-stick pan coated with cooking spray.
3. Add batter to the pan by the spoonful. When the pancakes set and bubbles start to form, flip and cook on the other side.
4. To make the cream, mix the pudding mix and PB2 with a little water to form a sauce-like consistency.
5. Layer pancakes with cream and eat!
Nutrition Facts: 223 Calories, 7 g Fat, 19 g CHO, 11 g Fiber, 21 g Protein