Sunday, March 3, 2013

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Protein Pancakes Versions II and III

I have a serious problem. I CAN NOT stop making protein pancakes!! I know there are worse things I could be addicted to. Especially when my pancakes are super clean and healthy. My issue lies in the fact that I can't stop experimenting with the same idea over and over - and making them totally different every time!! How am I supposed to stick to a recipe if I just keep experimenting and never going back to the original?? This is my perfectionism FULL FORCE. I always think I'm going to make something better. However, this philosophy has really hindered me from posting some really wonderful recipes that I've made the past week and a half. So, I've decided to stop thinking so much and just put them out there. You guys can try them and let me know what you think. Then, I can work on "perfecting" them (if there's any perfecting to do) based on your feedback :) Here we go:

The two recipes I'll post today are different versions of my Peanut Butter Pumpkin Protein Pancakes. I'll post my other new pancake experiments separately in order to prevent recipe overload. They all deserve their own chance to be in the spotlight anyway :)



Peanut Butter, Pumpkin, and Oatbran Protein Pancakes

Ingredients:

1/4 cup Cellucor Peanut Butter Marshmallow 
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup egg beaters
2 teaspoons oat bran (or ground oats)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon vanilla
Cinnamon and Truvia to taste

Directions:

1. Mix all ingredients in a blender (I used my Ninja).
2. Cook your pancakes!

Note: The stack was bigger but I ate one :) Oopsie.




Peanut Butter, Pumpkin, and Psyllium Pancakes

Ingredients:

1 scoop Cellucor Peanut Butter Marshmallow
1/4 cup egg whites
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 tablespoon psyllium
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
Cinnamon and Truvia to taste

Directions:

1. Mix all ingredients in a blender (I used my Ninja).
2. Cook your pancakes!

Nutrition Info: 198 calories, 2 g Fat, 12 g CHO (6 g Fiber), 33 g Protein 

 Psyllium husks just make EVERY pancake better. They swell up and make your pancakes FLUFF like WHOA. They are a pantry STAPLE. The one I use is from Swanson, but Trader Joe's carries their own brand as well. BUY IT.

Whew. I feel better. I really wanted to share these, and I'm not totally sure why because they are so similar. At least you have options if you don't the ingredients for one, you can make the other? More experiments to be posted soon :).

 


No comments:

Post a Comment