Sunday, March 3, 2013

Maple Dijon Roasted Tempeh

I spend way too much time in the kitchen :) . I would seriously spend all day cooking if I could. Did some meal prep yesterday:


Here we have paprika sauteed mushrooms, miso-roasted eggplant, grilled eggplant, roasted acorn squash, and Maple-Dijon Roasted Tempeh. I'm OBSESSED with tempeh. I need to dedicate an entire post to it. Unfortunately, I'm super busy and work 439205834 hours a week. Therefore, I'll just post a yummy recipe and give you the short and sweet tempeh rundown until my schedule calms down a little bit:

Tempeh is made from fermented soybeans, it's high in protein, it has a FABULOUS nutty flavor, and a great meaty texture. My Maple-Dijon Roasted Tempeh recipe is a modified version of the one from Clean Food, and it will make you a tempeh lover IMMEDIATELY.
I use Soy Boy Organic Soy Tempeh. One three ounce serving provides 160 calories and 17 grams of protein! The entire package is 2.5 servings. I eat half the package for a total of 200 calories and 21 grams of protein.




Maple-Dijon Roasted Tempeh

Ingredients:

1 (8 oz) block of tempeh
2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
2 tablespoons sugar-free syrup (or regular)
1 tablespoon Bragg's Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil

Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 400.
2. Cut the tempeh into 1/2 inch strips and steam for 10 minutes.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the mustard, syrup, soy sauce and olive oil.
4. Pour marinade over the tempeh and stir until the tempeh is evenly coated. Marinate for 30 minutes.
5. Place tempeh on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip, and bake an additional 10 minutes.
7. EAT!!

I served my tempeh alongside some grilled eggplant, mushrooms, and maple smashed acorn squash (greek yogurt + sugar-free syrup + cinnamon + stevia + my roasted acorn squash all mashed together!) The next day, I served it cold over a huge arugula salad with roasted brussel sprouts, miso-roasted eggplant, roasted acorn squash, heirloom tomatoes, fat-free feta, and my GO-TO three ingredient Dijon-balsamic vinaigrette (dijon mustard + balsamic vinegar + Truvia). Holy YUM.







No comments:

Post a Comment