Monday, October 6, 2014

Slow Cooked Salsa Chicken

I had always loved the idea of slow cookers, but never purchased one. So when I saw one on sale at Target for $15.99, I thought, "Why not?". I saw a few people on Instagram slow cooking chicken with salsa, so I thought it would be an easy recipe for my first slow cooking experience. The finished product was above and beyond my expectations. Not only was it incredibly easy and flavorful, but the chicken literally fell apart with my fork. Three ingredients, barely any prep, and it cooks itself. IT CANNOT BE SIMPLER!

Best chicken I've had in a LONG time. I served mine taco/burrito style, but this would also be great with brown rice and a vegetable.


Slow Cooked Salsa Chicken

4 (4 oz) chicken breasts
1/2 jar salsa (I used Newman's Own)
1/2 packet taco seasoning (I used low-sodium)

1. Season the chicken evenly with the taco seasoning. Place in your slow cooker. Add the salsa and and about 1/4 cup water.
2. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours. That's it!


No comments:

Post a Comment