Thursday, October 30, 2014

Molten Chocolate Protein Donuts

October 28th: National Chocolate Day. I had no idea. I'm definitely not a chocoholic. I like it here and there. You wouldn't catch me eating a chocolate bar or chocolate ice cream. But, for some reason I woke up October 28th and made Molten Chocolate protein pancakes, THEN baked these amazing Molten Chocolate Donuts. Had no idea it was National Chocolate Day until after I made the donuts. Weird...it's like they knew.

Anyway, these donuts came out way too good. I planned on saving them for snacks, but immediately ate three out of the oven. Probably could've eaten all six.The combination of almond flour and oatmeal gave them such a perfect texture. Great as a snack, topping for a fro-yo, breakfast, or dessert. Fiber, protein, whole grains, and a little healthy fat make this one of the healthiest donuts you'll ever eat :)

I buy my flours, stevia, and chickpeas from Vitacost. Use this link for $10 off your first order!



Molten Chocolate Protein Donuts

Ingredients:

3/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup almond flour
1 scoop Cellucor Molten Chocolate whey protein
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup egg whites
1/4 unsweetened almond milk
12 stevia drops

Directions:

1. Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
2. Add batter to a donut pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 F for 12 minutes.

For the frosting, I just mixed together a little Cellucor Molten Chocolate whey protein and sugar-free chocolate pudding mix and drizzled it over the donuts.

For one donut (without frosting): 104 calories, 3.6 grams Fat, 9.5 grams Carbs, 8.3 grams protein

No comments:

Post a Comment