Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Rainbow Salad

If you think salads are boring, then you've been making them wrong! Salads are my go-to almost everyday and they always contain healthy fats, lean proteins, and loads of colorful vegetables. I always choose a base of dark leafy greens such as kale, spinach, or arugula. My main source of carbohydrates comes from roasted sweet potato or roasted butternut squash. One of my favorite vegetables to add are brussel sprouts. Roasting them brings out their rich, nutty flavor. Mushrooms, zucchini, asparagus, and bell peppers are some of my other favorite vegetables to roast or grill and add to salads. I always pick a lean protein such as chicken, fish, shrimp, tofu, or Beyond Meat Chicken Strips. My absoulte favorite dressing is so easy. Plus, it packs a ton of flavor with very little calories. There are so many ways to make salads delicious, filling and satisfying. Because let's face it, lettuce and grilled chicken is NOT going to cut it. The more colors you can add to your bowl the better!

Paprika shrimp, roasted sweet potato, tomatoes, blueberries, avocado, spinach, roasted brussel spouts and my Honey Mustard Dressing 



No comments:

Post a Comment