Just made these this morning for some post-fasted cardio fuel. I love doing fasted cardio first thing in the morning- I feel lighter and more energized when I don't eat before. Not everyone feels this way, but this is what works for me. Do what works for you! Listen to your body. Interested in trying out fasted cardio? Don't give up after one try. You may find it hard to do the first few times, then your body may adjust and you'll find that you love it. Everyone is different. I'm hoping to dedicate a post to this alone, but I'm still busy with some school work for the next few weeks!
Spiced Ginger Pear Protein Pancakes
1/4 cup egg whites
2 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
2 teaspoons psyllium husk
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Stevia to taste
1/2 pear, thinly sliced
Ginger to taste
1/3 cup Greek yogurt
1. Heat a small pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add pear slices and ginger. Let these cook until they are soft.
2. In the meantime, whisk or blend together the egg whites and apple sauce (I used my Ninja)
3. Add dry ingredients and blend well. If you're hand mixing, I recommend mixing the wet and dry ingredients separately, then gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat sprayed with cooking spray. Add pancake batter by the tablespoonful. Cook until small bubbles form and the edges start to set. Flip and cook on the other side for about a minute.
5. For the filling, mix together the Greek yogurt with stevia (to taste). You can use more or less yogurt depending on your needs/preferences. Layer your pancakes with the yogurt and pear slices.
You can probably use canned pumpkin, cottage cheese, or yogurt in place of the unsweetened apple sauce if you don't have it. Enjoy!!