Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Very Banana Protein Bread

I ran out of my last batch of Orange Creamsicle Protein Muffins last night, so I was planning on making them for the third time in a row this afternoon (so yummy- recipe is in a previous post!). I love breaking up my muffins and mixing them in my protein fro-yos, cottage cheese, or Greek yogurt as a snack. So, that was the original plan: Orange Creamsicle Protein Muffins. But, as I approached my tower of protein powders, I noticed that my Banana Whey hasn't been getting any love lately. Banana bread is such a classic, so I decided to take the challenge to "clean it up". This loaf came out awesome and will be equally delicious in my protein fro-yos : ) !!

To get you a little more excited about the recipe, look at the crazy comparison between regular Banana Bread and my Very Banana Protein Bread:





Very Banana Protein Bread

Ingredients:

1 ripe banana (mine was large: 150 grams)
2 scoops banana whey protein powder (or vanilla)
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup egg whites
1-2 tablespoons slivered almonds for topping (optional)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Place all ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Pour batter into a bread loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake about 25 minutes, or until knife comes out clean.
5. Set on a cooling rack to cool.

I cut my loaf into 6 slices. You can cut them into however many servings you like. The WHOLE loaf contains 6.6 g Fat, 56.2 g CHO, 63.5 g Protein, and 20.4 g Fiber!!!

1 comment:

  1. What are the grams of powder used. Also what size loaf pan? Big normal one?

    ReplyDelete