If you're not usually into tofu, I still encourage you to try this scramble. It's heartier than you may think, and has tons of flavor!
Tofu Breakfast Scramble
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 boxes of Naysoya Lite Firm Tofu (or regular firm tofu*)
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms of choice
- 1 red pepper
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
1. Add all of the spice mix ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine.
2. Chop the red pepper, onions, garlic, and mushrooms.
3. Place a large pan over medium high heat and add the olive oil. When hot, add the onions, peppers, and mushrooms and saute for about 8 minutes until everything just starts to brown. Add the garlic and saute for 2 more minutes.
4. Add the tofu blocks and smash apart with a spoon or spatula. Don't mash it completely - you want some good chunks in there.
5. Add the spice mix and black beans and stir everything up. Heat through for about another 8 minutes. Serve!