Saturday, March 22, 2014

Peanut Butter Cookie Protein Pancakes

I really love using Metabolic Nutrition protein powder for my pancakes. They seem to have this mysterious "fluff" factor that other powders don't have. I've only tried their Peanut Butter Cookie flavor- and it's delicious! 

You'll see that I add cauliflower to almost all of my pancake recipes. I promise you don't taste it, and it makes your pancakes more moist and cake-like!
If you don't have the protein powder I used, use what you have! This recipe works with any whey protein.

Some of my ingredients may sound unfamiliar, but they are staples in my pantry. I described most of my ingredient choices and where to find them on my post "Tips For Fluffy Protein Pancakes". I always order them online from Vitacost because they have such a large selection and it's much cheaper than grocery stores. Plus, you don't have to leave your house. Groceries delivered right to you door! Here's a link to get money off yor first order:




Peanut Butter Cookie Protein Pancakes 

Ingredients:

 3/4 scoop (20 grams) Peanut Butter Cookie protein powder (Metabolic Nutrition)
3 tableapoons quinoa flour 
1 teaspoon psyllium husk 
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup canned pumpkin 
3 tablespoons egg whites
A few splashes almond milk 
Splash of butterscotch extract
Stevia to taste 

Directions: 

1. Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
2. Place your cauliflower in a food processor and blend until finely chopped. Place in a bowl and microwave 40 seconds. 
3. Place all remaining ingredients (including cauliflower) in your food processor. Add the milk as needed. You want your batter to be THICK. 
4. Add batter to your pan by the spoonful (pan should be hot by this time). Cook until edges set and bubbles start to form, then flip. Cook another 3-4 minutes on the other side, or until cooked through. 

My favorite way to eat my pancakes is to layer them with Greek yogurt sweetened with stevia, and then top with either almond butter or peanut butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment