Monday, August 12, 2013

Strawberry Protein Cheesecake

My parents were coming home from vacation yesterday, so I thought it would be nice have a nice meal waiting for them- including dessert. They traveled to Vienna, Budapest, and Prague for the past ten days. My dad posted pictures of their trip everyday on Facebook to keep us updated. The scenery, castles, and old buildings looked like they were right out of a fairytale. Definitely adding it to my LONG list of places I want to go.

They returned bearing gifts : ) . . . and what excited me the most? HUNGARIAN PAPRIKA. Yea, the real deal. I added it to my super egg white omelette that night.



 OK, recipe time. I had to use up some fat-free ricotta cheese, so I thought I'd attempt to make a cheesecake. I have never made a cheesecake in my life. So I knew going in, this could be a complete disaster or a pleasant surprise. Luckily, it came out great! My sister said it tastes just like cheesecake! The one and only downside to this experiment was that it probably would've come out better if I owned a cheesecake pan. I used a small brownie pan instead, so they are kind of more like cheesecake bars. I don't mind the shape at all because they are perfect for crumbling into my protein fro-yo. If you are lucky enough to have a cheesecake pan, I would probably double the recipe to make it fit.


Strawberry Protein Cheesecake 

Ingredients:

1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
1 egg
1 scoop Cellucor Strawberry Milkshake protein powder
3 tablespoons stevia (or to taste)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Blend together all ingredients. Pour into a small cheesecake pan sprayed with cooking spray.
3. Bake for 45 minutes, or until set.

How easy is that?!

Serves 6

Nutrition Information (1 slice) : 74 calories, 1 g Fat, 4.1 g CHO, 11.1 g Protein

No comments:

Post a Comment