Monday, August 12, 2013

Lemon Blueberry Protein Pancakes

These pancakes are moist and hearty, and the warm, juicy blueberries inside make them extra delicious. This recipe is actually long overdue, but I always like to do a second or third round of recipe testing before I post them. The problem is, I'm always making new recipes so it takes a long time to get back to all the ones I have to test! I decided that I'm going to stop being such a perfectionist and changing all my recipes two or three times . . . or just never posting them. If they taste amazing, they are just getting posted. Many people have been asking me where I get some of my ingredients. I linked some of the ingredients below to the website where I bought them. If you use the link provided, you'll receive a discount off your order :) . Also, there is a link on my homepage that brings you to the website that automatically applies the discount if you if you click on it.

Lemon Blueberry Protein Pancakes

Ingredients:

Pancakes:
3 tablespoons egg whites
2 tablespoons cottage cheese
2 tablespoons almond milk 
1/4 cup blueberries
15 drops lemon stevia (or regular stevia to taste)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/2 tablespoon psyllium husk
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Filling:
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
Few drops lemon stevia (or regular)

Directions:

1. Heat a nonstick pan over medium hear. Coat with cooking spray. 
2. Blend together all ingredients in a food processor/blender. 
4. Cook your pancakes!
5. Layer with more blueberries and Greek yogurt mixed with stevia.


No comments:

Post a Comment