Lemon Cream Pie Protein Pancakes
Ingredients for Pancakes:
1/4 cup wheat bran (I used Bob's Red Mill)
1 scoop vanilla whey
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons lemon sugar-free pudding mix
Stevia to taste
1 tablespoon yogurt
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons egg whites
Ingredients for filling:
Plain Greek yogurt + Stevia to taste
1. Mix together dry ingredients in a small bowel. In a separate bowl, mix together the yogurt and the egg whites.
2. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. DO NOT over mix!
3. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add batter by the tablespoon.
4. Flip pancake when the outer edges are cooked and you start to see some bubbles. Cook for about a minute or two on the other side.
5. Combine filling ingredients and layer filling between pancakes.
I bet lemon flavored liquid Stevia and freshly grated lemon rind would be great in these! I didn't have either : ( . But I will try it when I make these again!