Friday, September 14, 2012

Chocolate Coconut Protein Pancakes

So I wanted to make a protein pancake with the new unsweetened coconut flakes I bought at Whole Foods a few weeks ago. I came across a recipe for Carob Chip Coconut Protein Pancakes from Kammie.

I modified the recipe slightly and added a little Truvia for sweetness (and to bring out the coconut flavor more). Love the texture of the coconut flakes in theses!



Chocolate Coconut Protein Pancakes

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons coconut flour
1/2 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
1 tablespoon reduced-fat shredded coconut
1/4 tsp baking powder
4 tablespoon liquid egg whites
2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond/coconut milk
Truvia to taste

Directions:

1. Heat a non-stick pan over medium/low heat. 
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add egg whites and combine. Add milk and combine. 
3. Pour mixture into pan (about 1/4 cup each pancake). Cook until the top begins to form bubbles and the edges are set. Flip.
4. Serve!

And the DI update: I've been working with the Clinical Nutrition Manager. She is also the facility's Assistant Food Service Manager. Her floor mainly consists of long-term patients with behavioral problems. She showed me her way of doing assessments. It's more detailed (which I like). I'm feeling pretty confident writing assessments at this point, and apparently there's not much else to learn about assessments at this facility. According to my preceptor: "Great work. You can basically work here now". . . Well, that was quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment