Thursday, August 28, 2014

Peanut Butter and Kabocha Overnight Oats

This was the perfect meal after my workout this morning. I will never get tired of kabocha squash and peanut butter. Together, they are heavenly.

I usually prepare my overnight oats the night before and let them sit in the fridge, (hence the name, "overnight oats") but I made them this morning before my workout. So my oats only sat in the fridge for about 2 hours, but they still came out perfect! 


Peanut Butter Kabocha Overnight Oats

1/3 cup oatmeal 
1/2 scoop Peanut Butter Cookie whey protein (by Metabolic Nutrition)
1 teaspoon chia seeds 
1/3 cup cooked kabocha squash 
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt 
1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk  (just enough to make a thick pudding-like consistency)
Vanilla stevia to taste 

1. Mix all ingredients together. Let it sit in the fridge overnight (or apparently, two hours is fine!). 
2. Top with your favorite fruit, nuts, nut butter, etc. 

I buy my chia seeds, oatmeal, stevia, PB2 and protein powder from Vitacost. The ingredients are cheaper than the grocery store, and they delivered right to your door. Here's a discount link for money off your first order.


No comments:

Post a Comment