Monday, August 11, 2014

No-Bake Protein Bar

I ran out of Quest Bars the other day, and wanted to bring a quick and easy snack with me to work. I've always baked my protein bars in the past, but I really didn't have the time. It took seconds to prepare, and I left it in the freezer to firm up while I showered and got ready. You can also just eat this as soon as it's prepared- it tastes like cookie dough!

I used Cellucor protein in the Cake Batter flavor, but any of your favorite whey protein powders will work fine. I highly recommend Cellucor though :)

No-Bake Protein Bar

Ingredients:

3/4 scoop whey protein (~20 grams)
2 tablespoons coconut flour
2 teaspoon unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon almond butter (or peanut butter)
8 drops liquid stevia 
Almond milk as needed

Directions:

1. Add all ingredients except the almond milk in a small bowl. Mix thoroughly. Gradually add almond milk in small amounts until you form a thick dough.
2. Form the mixture into a bar shape. Freeze or refrigerate until set. Or, enjoy as is!

Nutrition Information: 185 calories, 5 grams Fat, 15 grams CHO, 20 g Protein

No comments:

Post a Comment