Thursday, June 26, 2014

Cauliflower Mini Bagels

My favorite deli breakfast when I was younger was an egg sandwich on an everything bagel. I would get one every morning after figure skating practice. So much so, that the lady that made them for me would have it ready and waiting, wrapped up in tin foil to keep it warm. I haven't had that breakfast in years. So when I saw Lexi post her 'Everything Bagel' Cauliflower Rolls, it inspired me to create my own.

I used a donut pan to shape my bagels. I bought mine at Target, but you can find in the kitchen section of some department stores, or buy online at Amazon

I bought my psyllium husk and garbanzo bean flour from Vitacost. They have the best selection and prices, and they deliver right to your door!

Cauliflower Mini Bagels

Ingredients:

1/2 head of cauliflower, riced
1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill garbanzo bean flour
1 teaspoon psyllium husk
3 tablespoons egg whites
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2.To make the cauliflower rice, pulse florets in a food processor until finely chopped (I use my Ninja).
3. Place cauliflower in a large bowl. Pat the cauliflower with paper towels, try to get out as much moisture as possible.
4. Add the garbanzo bean flour through the garlic powder to the cauliflower, and stir well to combine.
5. Spray a donut pan with cooking spray. Divide batter evenly among the the donut pan. If you don't have a donut pan, you can also shape them into breadsticks, or try to shape your own bagel (not sure how well this will come out).
6. Bake 15 minutes. Allow to cool, then top with your favorite bagel toppings!

Nutrition information (makes 3 mini bagels): 70 calories, 1 gram fat, 12 grams CHO, 5 grams fiber, 5 grams protein

No comments:

Post a Comment