Monday, May 19, 2014

Whipped Vanilla Protein Cake

Moist, fluffy, delicious cake. Need I say more? Threw this together for my sister, but totally stole a piece for tasting purposes. Probably my best cake ever. And it's so simple to make!

I buy my flours and stevia online from Vitacost. It's an online grocery store that has so many fun, healthy ingredients. Here's a discount link for money off your first order: 



Whipped Vanilla Protein Cake

Ingredients:

1/2 cup Cellucor Whipped Vanilla protein powder (or other vanilla whey)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 packets stevia
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
4 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups almond milk (I used unsweetened vanilla)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a loaf pan or square baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Blend all ingredients together in a large food processor or blender. Make sure you don't over mix! I like to stir the bottom with a spatula to make sure the dry ingredients don't stick and clump at the bottom in between mixing.
3. Add to your loaf pan or baking dish. Cook about 30-40 minutes or until knife comes out clean. For the frosting, I just mixed together Greek yogurt with vanilla casein. Casein protein makes the greek yogurt thicker and more frosting-like. If you only have whey protein, that's fine too!

For the ENTIRE CAKE without frosting (I cut mine into 4 servings, divide as you wish):  694 calories, 14.7 grams of fat, 74 g carbohydrates, 64.4 grams protein

No comments:

Post a Comment