Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Peanut Butter Banana Waffles

When I woke up today, my stomach wasn't feeling 100%. I decided to forgo the protein powder that I usually use at breakfast for this reason (just in case it made my stomach worse!). As horrible as it is to have a stomach ache, I'm happy that it forced me to make a protein powder free, and therefore, kid friendly waffle recipe! These waffles are also gluten-free and dairy-free, and packed with protein from the peanut flour I used. These flours may sound foreign, but they are available at great prices from Vitacost (discount off your first order included in the link!).



Peanut Butter Banana Waffles

Ingredients:

1/4 cup peanut flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1 small banana (100 grams)
3 tablespoons egg whites
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Stevia to taste
Almond milk if needed

Directions:

1. Preheat waffle maker and spray with cooking spray.
2. Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender (I use my Ninja). Blend until smooth.
3. Pour into waffle pan and cook until done. Top with your favorite toppings (nuts, fruit, yogurt, nut butter, coconut flakes, etc.)



No comments:

Post a Comment