Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Very Berry Protein Waffles

Confession: I did not eat anything but my Banana Bread Psylium Pancakes with PB2 sauce for a solid 12 days in a row. Obsessed? Yes. Whenever I make something I like, I become an addict for a good 2 weeks. These waffles ended my streak, and they were delicious enough to require posting. I don't usually blend fruit into my pancake and waffles batters because I like to keep them lower in carbohydrates so I can top them with fresh fruit, yogurt, etc. I was really excited that I was able to keep the fruit content low for this recipe, but still get the "very berry" flavor I was aiming for. However, you can add more if you prefer. The waffles were fluffy, flavorful and very satisfying! Who doesn't love digging into a fluffy tower of waffles?!



Very Berry Protein Waffles

Ingredients:

1/4 cup Egg Beaters
2 tablespoons unsweetened Almond milk
12 blueberries
1 sliced strawberry
1/2 banana
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1 tablespoon coconut flour
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Cinnamon to taste
Truvia to taste

Directions:

1. Mix or blend the egg beaters, milk, and fruit. Add dry ingredients and blend or mix well.
2. Pour batter into hot waffle maker.
3. Top with your favorite toppings! I layered mine with Greek yogurt, sugar free syrup, and fresh sliced fruit :)

 Serves 1


No comments:

Post a Comment