Saturday, April 23, 2016

Sauteed Swiss Chard, Mushrooms, and Tomatoes

Ok so, I've been eating a head of swiss chard everyday for the past three days. I keep telling myself I'll split it into two portions, but it keeps coming out so good....I can't stop eating it.

This is a great hearty side dish, or snack (if you do what I did) sprinkled with some grated parmesan cheese.


Sauteed Swiss Chard, Mushrooms, and Tomatoes

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup thinly sliced onion 
1 (4-ounce) package mixed gourmet mushrooms (or whatever mushrooms you like)
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1 head swiss chard, stems removed and roughly chopped

Directions:

1. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and add 1 teaspoon olive oil.

2. Add the onion to the pan, cook until soft (about 4 minutes). Add the mushrooms and tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes start to break down.Add salt and pepper to taste.

3. Add the swiss chard, cover and cook about 4 minutes or until the swiss chard is wilted. Toss well and serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment