Sunday, February 8, 2015

Dark Chocolate Protein Cookies

I woke up this morning at 3:30 a.m. and could NOT go back to sleep. Whenever this happens I usually find something to clean, bake, or cook until the rest of the world wakes up. This morning I decided to stalk Anna's blog for some baking inspiration. Most of my protein cookies have been fails, and I wanted to step up my game. So after reading through some of her recipes and tips for protein cookies, Dark Chocolate Protein Cookies were born! Finally, a protein cookie that's moist, perfectly chewy, and doesn't taste like rubber :)

                         

Dark Chocolate Protein Cookies

1/4 cup chocolate whey protein (I use Cellucor)
1/4 cup quinoa flour (could probably sub oat flour)
2 tablespoons almond flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
1/8 teaspoon butter extract (optional, but adds some flavor)
10-20 drops liquid stevia (depending on how sweet you like it!)

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Beat egg. Combine egg with all remaining ingredients (I mixed it in a large bowl).
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Drop cookie batter by the tablespoon onto the paper. Flatten the tops slightly with the back of a spoon for a better shape (don't get too crazy- the batter is sticky!).
4. Bake 10 minutes or until done.




No comments:

Post a Comment