Saturday, December 31, 2016

3 Ingredient HEALTHY Chocolate Frosting

I'm a sucker for no-fuss recipes with as little ingredients as possible. I was skeptical of this recipe, but the flavor and texture is SPOT ON.


Ingredients are simple: honey, unsweetened cocoa powder, and milk of choice. Mix it up and your ready to slather it on cupcakes, brownies, cakes, donuts - anything really!

This frosting is perfect for getting that chocolate fix. Even my chocolate loving friend approves!

 I was looking for a frosting for my Beet Chocolate Brownies (Yes, beets. I will post the recipe when it's finalized! 


Need another reason to eat chocolate? Cocoa beans contain antioxidant-rich flavonoids. A high intake of flavonoids has been associated with reduced risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease. However, processing and adding sugar to chocolate decreases these benefits. Stick to unsweetened cocoa powder or small pieces of dark chocolate (at least 85%!).

Ok, now the frosting!! I only slightly modified Amy's recipe which you can find here.

3 Ingredient Chocolate Frosting

1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons pure honey
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk

Mix these ingredients together until thoroughly combined!

No comments:

Post a Comment