Saturday, October 3, 2015

Sauteed Mushrooms and Green Beans

There are so many ways to eat veggies, and it doesn't have to take a lot of preparation. I always stock my freezer with frozen steamer bags for days that I am super busy and don't have anything prepared. That wasn't the case today, but I wanted to add something to the mushrooms I started cooking. So I searched my freezer and pulled out a bag of green beans. Here's how it went down:



Sauteed Mushrooms and Green Beans

Ingredients:

2 (8 oz) cartons of sliced white mushrooms
1 steamer bag green beans
Garlic Salt
Pepper
Sherry cooking wine

Directions:

1. Heat a non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until soft, about 6-8 minutes

2. Meanwhile, follow package directions on the steamer bag of green beans. Once the mushrooms are soft and the green beans are steamed, add the green beans to the pan. Add garlic salt and pepper to taste. Add a splash of sherry cooking wine to the pan and toss to combine. Cook for about 30 seconds more then remove from heat and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment